Plymouth traffic

  • michele montgomery
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2005
      > I would rather see 4 way stops.at one or more of
      > the intersections.Less wear and tear on our cars and
      > more effective.
      > George Plato

      I agree with this. The speed humps don't deter the SUVs - and many
      cars. Also, if you're one of the houses near the humps you have to
      listen to "bump" all day/night long. And... I don't know if this is
      true... but someone told me they reduce your property value.

      It seems like stop signs could achieve the safety we need without the
      obstacle course.

      Michele Montgomery

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2005
        > AARD-
        > I'm not sure where you get your information, but THE
        > CITY PAYS FOR SPEED HUMPS. If Plymouth was a private
        > street - that would be a different story. Lights, tar,
        > street paint, street cleaners...all part of LA CITY
        > Public works.

        Josh,

        First, I'd like to thank you for trying to make our neighborhood safer.
        I know it must take a great deal of effort on your part and we're lucky
        to have such interested citizens as part of our local community.

        I'm also confused on this issue. If I understand this correctly,
        there's federal regulations that prohibit us from having (less
        expensive) stop signs which necessitate having (more costly) speed
        humps to solve the problem - all of which are paid for by the city
        anyway.

        Ok, I understand it's government and they do things in mysterious ways
        :-) but can you explain this a bit for us?

        I'm also concerned that if we get speed humps on Rosewood or Plymouth,
        the speeding problem will just shift to neighboring streets. Do you
        know anything about that?

        Thanks!

        Michele Montgomery