Electronics suggestions from LAPD

  • larchmontvillageneighborhood
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2011
      We have recently had burglaries in the area where electronic products were stolen. It recommended that if you own any type of Apple product (I phone, I pad, I pod, Mac Book, etc...) that you download the "Find my Phone" application to assist in the recovery of the property. It also recommended that you maintain a record of the serial numbers. If you don't have or own these types of products, there are other software applications that can be downloaded for free on the internet.

      This recommendation is in part due to the success Olympic Detectives have had in apprehending criminals associated with these crimes. This type of global positioning system software has been key finding and recovering stolen property.

      Thank you for your support,

      Senior Lead Officer Pelayo
      213 793-0709