Re: LAPD response UPDATE

  • Delman, Joel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2011
      Hi All,

      Just wanted to provide an update on this. After this morning's posts I was quickly contacted by Officer Pelayo, who apologized and explained that he has been out of the office due to illness. As I mentioned earlier, Officer Pelayo has always been extremely responsive to the neighborhood's needs and I was not surprised to hear that there was an explanation for the unreturned calls. He is due to be back in this week.

      I was then contacted by two other officers, who were both extremely sorry that we had not been contacted sooner. After talking it became clear that this was not an issue of unresponsiveness, but rather an unfortunate miscommunication / crossed lines in both my case and the situation on Beachwood. I am told that a report was made for the Beachwood break in today, as was done for mine.

      In any case, we have two additional contacts at the Olympic Division who are very eager to be of assistance, and we should add them to our list of officers on call when problems arise:

      Lieutenant Lillian L. Carranza

      Olympic Division Detective

      213-382-9372

      26994@...<mailto:26994@...>

      Lieutenant Merlow
      Leads the Property Crimes Division, prime contact for home and car break ins
      31240@...<mailto:31240@...>

      While the idea of someone breaking into our house while we're sleeping is obviously unsettling, I remain confident that these officers are committed to doing their best to keep our neighborhood safe.

      I'd also like to mention that ADT offers a patrol service which some have found valuable in the area. We do not currently subscribe to the patrol, but are considering it. One of their officers who has been in the neighborhood for many years stopped by this morning and she seemed extremely professional and focused... I would be interested in people's feedback on their experiences with ADT's patrol (and have heard that if enough people sign up another car could be added to the area).

      Best,

      Joel Delman
      600 N. Irving Blvd.