LAPD response

  • Michele Montgomery
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2011
      Hey friends. This is another post on behalf of my neighbor on Beachwood and Clinton who had a home invasion at his house last week:

      He called LAPD, Olympic division TWICE. Both times they said someone would come out and collect evidence and take his statement. Nothing. He then called Officer Pelayo - no response. This was a home invasion. Tools were used. Children were there at the time. Serious stuff. So my neighbor wants to know... what's the secret handshake to actually get a response from LAPD? Anyone know?

      Michele
    • Delman, Joel
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2011
        Hi All,

        Have to say I was amazed to see this post today, as I was about to write exactly the same to the group... you may recall that we had an almost identical break in here on Irving a couple of weeks ago. I left officer Pelayo two messages about that, and then just Friday a third message about having our mail stolen (resulting in significant check fraud, a Federal offense) in which I also reminded him of the break in. Not a single response!

        As Michelle noted, this is not a minor infraction like an iPod getting stolen from an unlocked car. Break ins with kids home, very scary stuff and I find it disturbing that we are getting no response from our police. Used to at least feel like my tax dollars got me an occasional phone call.

        Also, it should be noted that in past Officer Pelayo has been very responsive, so its unusual what's happening lately. Maybe budget cuts are causing LAPD to have a new "not an emergency, blow it off" policy?

        If anyone has better connections at the station than I do, please see if you can look into this...

        Best,

        Joel

        Joel Delman
        product development technologies, inc.
        9701 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 900
        Beverly Hills, California 90212
        p 310 601 7167
        f 310 601 7110
        m 773 517 1862

        joel.delman@...<mailto:joel.delman@...>
        www.pdt.com/medical<http://www.pdt.com/medical>

      • sarita
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2011
          I would really appreciate it if the original writer or anyone could please
          keep us up to date on this situation. This is really outrageous. Thank you
          for keeping us informed.

          Sarita Singh

          400 block N. Arden Blvd.

          joel.delman@... <mailto:joel.delman%40pdt.com>