Library Measure

  • mimont2
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2011
      Measure L will be on the ballot March 8. I thought people might want info on it since these type of things can easily escape our notice.

      According to our library newsletter:

      Without raising taxes and with strict fiscal accountability, Measure L will provide funds to restore 6-day-a-week service to all our libraries, and eventually 7-day-a-week service to our Central and regional libraries. Additionally, it will increase support for numerous critical library programs including after-school/summer youth programs, student homework help, adult literacy and job search programs. It will also provide funding to purchase much needed books and materials for our libraries.

      Measure L is supported by teachers, librarians, parents from across Los Angeles, our City Librarian Martin Gomez, the Los Angeles Library Foundation, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck, former Mayor Richard Riordan, the Greater Echo Park Elysian Neighborhood Council, the Los Angeles NAACP and numerous other leaders and organizations from throughout our City.

      For more information check: http://yesonlibraries.com/

      Michele Montgomery