patrol and robberies

  • rosekuo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      I used to live in the house that was robbed (Pete & Helen's house on Windsor)
      and moved onto Las Palmas one year after a serious crime had happened there
      one block away. Following that incident, the residents on my new street
      implemented a no solicitation policy. Everyone was instructed to get "no
      solicitaion" signs posted by their doorbells (I think by law solicitors cannot disturb
      residents who have this sign posted.) When someone did come to the door,
      they were instructed that this was a "no solicitation neighborhood" and that
      everyone on the block would enforce this.

      In addtiton, the residents met with Bel Air patrol and agreed that everyone
      in the neighborhood who hired a security firm would hire the same company to
      get a regular patrol car roaming all the streets. I see the patrol car
      regularly in front of our house.

      What I have noticed since this, is that we NEVER get solicitors on our
      street. When we do, they go to one house and I see them drive away. It is easy
      to spot a someone who is trying to go door to door.

      Regardng parked cars with people eating, waiting, etc. They have a right to
      sit in their car, parked on the street. The best thing is to write down
      license plate numbers if you are suspicious.

      Hope this helps,

      Rose Kuo

      p.s. The house invasion that happened before I moved into the neighborhood
      was by two young boys selling candy in the middle of the day, door to door.