door knocking late night

  • wolfsonstockman
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2010
      Hello neighbors,
      This may be absolutely nothing, but there was a man knocking aggressively on our door for about 15 minutes at about 11:30 this evening, and he proceeded to our neighbors just after our place, then came back to our place and yelled aggressively at my door for not opening it (but checking to make sure it was locked). The police came to check out the houses but said nobody around, may just be a drunk person thinking they're home, etc, but definitely do not open!
      Being overly cautious,
      Julie
    • Cossi, Lidia A
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2010
        About 15 minutes ago, a Hispanic male jumped over a gated and locked fence into my backyard. I am at work but my niece is visiting and she saw him and when he realized that someone was home he went back over the fence and quickly left the property going North on Gower. My niece said he was about 5' 10 and he was wearing a white cap.

        Lidia Cossi

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2010
          This is the sort of thing the police need to know -- want to know -- directly
          and at the time it's happening. Any time you see any sort of suspicious
          behavior like this, call 911 and tell them there is [or just was] a prowler on
          your property. Being able to give them any kind of description and the
          direction the person is heading is exactly the kind of information they need
          and will act upon it immediately. At every LVNA meeting Officer Pelayo repeats
          one piece of advice in particular: call, call, call. The more the
          administrative types know what's going on in our neighborhood, the more
          personnel will be made available.

          --- Sandy Fleck