Crime Alert & prevention

  • Karen Gilman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2010
      Dear Neighbors,
      Please stop by our LVNA booth at this Sunday's Larchmont Family Fair to pick up a special gift plus lots of outreach and crime prevention literature. Desserts, too!

      Here is Senior Lead Officer Joe Pelayo's email of the week, from the LAPD Olumpic Division e-policing, compiling reminders and alerts. (We will have the e-policing sign-up sheets available at our booth on Sunday.)

      See you Sunday!
      Karen Gilman, LVNA Secretary

      Community Message has been issued by the LAPD - Olympic.

      Thursday October 21, 2010 10:52 AM PDT

      Recent Burglaries have occurred near you: latest incident: 618 N. Plymouth Blvd..

      If you have information, call Olympic Community Police Station at (213) 382-9102.

      Recently numerous burglaries have occurred in the LAPD Olympic Division Area.  On occasion suspects have walked through neighborhoods knocking on doors to see if anyone is home.  Suspects have entered unlocked doors or used force to enter and take cash, jewelery or small electronics.  An additional male Black suspect has been breaking into closed businesses, by smashing windows, see photo (not attached; will seek more info for LVNA.).

      There was another burglary last night (October 20, 2010). The burglary occurred in the 100 block of South Harvard Blvd. A vigilant neighbor saw the Suspect fleeing from the residence and enter a black pick up truck, possibly a Ford, with a partial license plate of 6X_______. The suspect was described as a Male Hispanic with Blk hair, Bro eyes, 5'5", 145 pounds.

      The Los Angeles Police Department takes all criminal investigations very seriously. LAPD Olympic Detective Division has a Property Crimes Detail that aggressively targets these crimes.

      Residents are reminded to lock their doors and pay attention to the neighborhood.  Avoid leaving valuables in a visible area of your car.  Valuables such as GPS, I-Pod’s and other electronics are often the target of thefts from vehicles.

      Should you have information on recent crimes in the Olympic Area, please contact LAPD Olympic Property Crime Detectives at (213) 382-9370. During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to 1-877-LAPD-24-7. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477).

      For full details, go to https://local.nixle.com/alert/3829088/?sub_id=137552.

      Contact Information:

      John Radtke
      Olympic