Attempted burglary

  • kevinlanda@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2010
      There was an attempted burglary today at 617 N Lucerne ... 2 suspects were able to open the back door however fled before they were able to steal property. A neighbor saw the suspects and was able to call police...(when they went into the backyard)They were not caught. This occured in the afternoon.

      The suspects were African American in their 20s, the 3rd suspect was driving a newer BMW light grey color possible license possible starting with 6n.....he honked and the other 2 suspects ran out of the driveway.

      Within the recent past there was another burglary next door at 613 N Lucerne. Also, two other attempted burglaries one at 616 N Lucerne and 631 N Lucerne.

      Before all of this it was relatively quite on the block.

      The neighborhood watch worked today and we are also working on getting the neighborhood watch signs as well.

      The police advised reporting any suspicious persons and their activities.

      FYI to LVNA90004....
    • Karen Gilman
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2010
        Dear Neighbors,
        Officer Joe Pelayo, Senior Lead Officer of the Olympic Division LAPD, wants to make sure everyone knows that there have been clusters of break-ins recently on certain blocks and streets and we must take seriously the crime prevention tips and warnings and must report any and all incidents plus any suspicious activity:

        Hi Karen,

        Yes, I am aware of the incidents on Gower (550 N., 554 N.Gower.)  I have forwarded this
        information to Olympic detectives. This may be related to burglaries
        that occurred on Lucerne Avenue on Monday afternoon in Wilshire
        division (617, 613, 616 and 631 N. Lucerne.) Also note that there was a break-in on S. Gower last week.
        More details:

        Please forward this information to the Larchmont Village block captains and residents.

        On October 8th between the hours of midnight and 8 am, burglaries
        occurred at the 554 and 550 N. Gower. It is believed, based on the
        evidence, that suspect entered both residences while the victims were
        sleeping.

        It is recommended that you secure your homes and activate your
        alarms if you have them.  Keep all outdoor lighting on during the night
        time hours. Please remain vigilante and continue to report all
        suspicious persons and activity to police immediately.

        Olympic division will providing extra patrol in the area.  Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

        Senior Lead Officer Pelayo
        213 793-0709Please on this information to the rest of Larchmont Village
        block captains.