GWNC Seats New Directors; Seeks Additional Alternates and Committee Members

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2010
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council <info@...>
      Date: Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:40 PM
      Subject: GWNC Seats New Directors; Seeks Additional Alternates and Committee Members
      To: news@...

      [GWNC News]
      At its Wednesday, July 14, Board meeting, following our recent election, the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council seated its new board members and a few post-election volunteers for vacant seats. We also elected officers and solicited committee members for the coming year.

      Congratulations and a big "thank you" to our new officers...

      President - Owen Smith
      Vice President - Kiki Gindler
      Secretary - Elizabeth Fuller
      Treasurer -- Matthew Oldham

      ...and to our full roster of Directors and Alternates:

      Area 1 - Brookside - Owen Smith (D), Kay Martin (A)
      Area 2 - Citrus Square - Benjamin Rosenberg (D)
      Area 3 - Country Club Heights - Frances McFall (D), Robin Diffner (A)
      Area 5 - Hancock Park - Kiki Gindler (D), James Wolf (A)
      Area 6 - La Brea/Hancock - Fred Pickel (D), Steven Katz (A)
      Area 7 - Larchmont Village - Federico Mariscal (D), Karen Gilman (A)
      Area 8 - Melrose - Yigal Arens (D), Naftali Rubin (A)
      Area 10 - Ridgewood/Wilton-St. Andrews Square - Patti Carroll (D)
      Area 11 - Sycamore Square - Elizabeth Fuller (D), Myrna Dwyer (A)
      Area 12 - Western-Wilton - Matthew Oldham (D)
      Area 13 - Wilshire Park - John Gresham (D)
      Area 14 - Windsor Square - Jack Humphreville (D)
      Area 15 - Windsor Village - Charles Dougherty (D), Betty Fox (A)
      At-Large - Jane Usher (D), Margaret Sowma (A)
      Renter - Clinton Oie (D)
      Business - Jane Gilman (D)
      Education - David Lunzer (D)
      Religion - Alex Jones-Moreno (D), Michael Genewick (A)
      Other Non-Profit - Mary Rajswing (D)

      As you can see from the list above, we do still have several vacancies to fill, which will be very important when it comes to maintaining quorums for our meetings. If you or anyone you know might be interested in any of the following positions, please let us know:

      Area 2 - Citrus Square - Alternate
      Area 4 - Fremont Place - Director & Alternate
      Area 9 - Oakwood-Maplewood-St. Andrews - Director & Alternate
      Area 10 - Ridgewood/Wilton-St. Andrews Square - Alternate
      Area 12 - Western-Wilton - Alternate
      Area 13 - Wilshire Park - Alternate
      Area 14 - Windsor Square - Alternate
      Renter - Alternate
      Business - Alternate
      Education - Alternate
      Other Non-Profit - Alternate

      Finally, the GWNC is also soliciting members for its two standing committees, Land Use and Outreach. Both of these important committees are open to stakeholders as well as Directors and board Alternates. If you might be interested in serving with either group, please let us know!

      The next meeting of the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council will be held on Wednesday, August 11, 7:00 p.m. at the Wilshire Ebell (SW corner of Wilshire & Lucerne).

      We hope to see you there!

      =