LAPD E-Policing Crime Alert re home & re motor vehicle

    Message 1 of 1 , May 19 7:34 AM
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------

      From: E-Police Newsletter <31265@...>
      Date: Tue, May 18, 2010 at 4:05 PM
      Subject: Crime Alert
      To: gilperson2@...

      Dear Community members,
      We recently had two incidents in Olympic Area where two Hispanic males pose as City employees who are there to check on the electric panel. Once allowed inside the residence one looks at the panel and engages victim in conversation while the second one proceeds to steal property.
      To prevent becoming a victim of this crime always ask for credentials, or call the electric company to check if you are a scheduled customer in their office.
      Please also be aware that there has been suspicious activity in the area. If you observe someone that is loitering in the area and looking through car windows, this could be indicative of someone attempting to break into a vehicle. Please do not hesitate to contact Police at 1-877-ASK-LAPD (1-877-275-5273) for non-emergency, and 911 for an emergency response.