Please Vote for Karen Gilman this Thursday for GWNC representative for our neighborhood

  • Vincent Cox
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2010
      MC900434233[1]

      PLEASE VOTE FOR KAREN GILMAN THIS THURSDAY FOR LARCHMONT gwnc REP

      vannesselmwood1928-3

      Wilshire Crest Elementary School, 5241 W. Olympic Blvd. (NE corner of
      Olympic & Sycamore). .

      Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council is a nonpartisan entity mandated by
      the City of Los Angeles. Its purpose is to advise on issues of concern to
      our neighborhood and on City governance. Karen Gilman has lived in the area
      for more than 25 years. She has been active in fighting against graffiti,
      and in helping to see that development is done in a balanced way that
      respects R1 and R2 zoning.

      (the picture to the right is

      Let me be candid: Voting takes time, and few of us have lots of free time to
      vote. But being a GWNC representative takes lots and lots of time, and I'm
      grateful that Karen Gilman, a long time resident who knows our neighborhood
      well, has stepped up and offered to run. Please express your gratitude and
      support for people like Karen who've agreed to work (for free!!) to see that
      our neighborhood is heard on issues of crime, traffic, and development. The
      other person who is running, Federico Mariscal, is probably a good guy, but
      I don't happen to know him. I'm pleased that people are there to volunteer
      for these almost entirely thankless jobs. Whoever comes in second becomes
      an alternate, by the way.

      (The picture above is from 1928. It shows Van Ness Blvd. looking north, at
      Elmwood.)

    • Olivier Schreiber
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2010
        Hi Vincent,