Re: [LVNA90004] IMPORTANT - Large Stray Dog (Plymouth between Rosewood and Clinton area)

  • josh brooks
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 22, 2010
      seriously? Never hurt anyone? Not coming close? For the sake of clarity...this dog, dumped/lost/injured whatever it maybe was SITTING ON MY FRONT DOOR STEP, in our chairs....behind our gate.
      Large, unfamiliar, CLEARLY A PIT BULL mix, dog sitting on FRONT STEPS OF MY HOUSE. Please. Your comment was beyond iratating and if you saw the dog roaming the streets then you should have alerted this yahoo group - 100+ neighbors strong to help.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 22, 2010
        From: Polly Wheelock <pollywheelock@...>
        To: "skoorbmj" <skoorbmj@...>
        Cc: LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 8:37 PM

        I have seen that dog...tried to catch.,that dog is NOT gonna hurt
        anyone.....be careful when walking ur kids???????? that dog is afraid
        of your kids......it is scared.....and needs help.......it is NOT
        coming close to anyone......it would never hurt anyone......Noone is
        missing this dog.this dog was dumped.it happens every day.poor
        dog.......if u want the dog killed , calling animal control is the
        answer.....R u kidding me? i have done rescue in this village for 20
        yrs......there is NO owner.he was dumped...am trying to get
        him......cmon people...dont sentence him to death.HELP HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        On Apr 22, 2010, at 7:45 PM, skoorbmj wrote:

        > We have seen a large, stray dog...possibly boxer/pitbull-
        > mix...roaming the neighborhood for several days. Most recently,
        > jumping out from behind the wall of our front porch when we were
        > walking in with our two, small children. We do not know for sure if
        > the dog is friendly or not but given it's size, etc., we felt we had
        > reason for concern and have made 3 reports to animal control.
        > Clearly, they have not found the dog, or not come at all...it's
        > uncertain.
        >
        > So, first, please be careful when walking with your kids. Second, if
        > anyone is missing a dog of this type, please look for him in the
        > larchmont village neighborhood. Specifically, in vicinity of Clinton
        > at Plymouth/Beachwood/Gower. Finally, if you are or know the person
        > who is letting this dog walk freely through our family neighborhood,
        > please bring him home immediately and take him for walks on leash.
        > I'm sure I don't have to remind anyone how many children live in
        > this neighborhood or how intimidating this can be.
        >
        > Thanks

      • Polly Wheelock
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 22, 2010
          On Apr 22, 2010, at 9:01 PM, josh brooks wrote:

          > seriously? Never hurt anyone? Not coming close? For the sake of
          > clarity...this dog, dumped/lost/injured whatever it maybe was
          > SITTING ON MY FRONT DOOR STEP, in our chairs....behind our gate.
          > Large, unfamiliar, CLEARLY A PIT BULL mix, dog sitting on FRONT
          > STEPS OF MY HOUSE. Please. Your comment was beyond iratating and if
          > you saw the dog roaming the streets then you should have alerted
          > this yahoo group - 100+ neighbors strong to help.
          >
          > --- On Thu, 4/22/10, Polly Wheelock <pollywheelock@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > From: Polly Wheelock <pollywheelock@...>
          > Subject: Re: [LVNA90004] IMPORTANT - Large Stray Dog (Plymouth
          > between Rosewood and Clinton area)
          > To: "skoorbmj" <skoorbmj@...>
          > Cc: LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 8:37 PM
          >
          > I have seen that dog...tried to catch.,that dog is NOT gonna hurt
          > anyone.....be careful when walking ur kids???????? that dog is afraid
          > of your kids......it is scared.....and needs help.......it is NOT
          > coming close to anyone......it would never hurt anyone......Noone is
          > missing this dog.this dog was dumped.it happens every day.poor
          > dog.......if u want the dog killed , calling animal control is the
          > answer.....R u kidding me? i have done rescue in this village for 20
          > yrs......there is NO owner.he was dumped...am trying to get
          > him......cmon people...dont sentence him to death.HELP
          > HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          > On Apr 22, 2010, at 7:45 PM, skoorbmj wrote:
          >
          > > We have seen a large, stray dog...possibly boxer/pitbull-
          > > mix...roaming the neighborhood for several days. Most recently,
          > > jumping out from behind the wall of our front porch when we were
          > > walking in with our two, small children. We do not know for sure if
          > > the dog is friendly or not but given it's size, etc., we felt we had
          > > reason for concern and have made 3 reports to animal control.
          > > Clearly, they have not found the dog, or not come at all...it's
          > > uncertain.
          > >
          > > So, first, please be careful when walking with your kids. Second, if
          > > anyone is missing a dog of this type, please look for him in the
          > > larchmont village neighborhood. Specifically, in vicinity of Clinton
          > > at Plymouth/Beachwood/Gower. Finally, if you are or know the person
          > > who is letting this dog walk freely through our family neighborhood,
          > > please bring him home immediately and take him for walks on leash.
          > > I'm sure I don't have to remind anyone how many children live in
          > > this neighborhood or how intimidating this can be.
          > >
          > > Thanks

        • Polly Wheelock
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 22, 2010
            OMG ....... an injured dog sitting on your porch?????oh my...i have
            rescued over 3000 animals.....behind your gate? oh my!!!!!!! were u
            just tempted to shoot the injured abandoned animal? does he have no
            right to live???? and OMG ..a pit bull mix....call; Michaela vicks.he
            will electtrocute......ps irratating has 2 rs........

          • josh brooks
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 22, 2010
              We contacted a pit bull rescue.
              A friend drove from Venice and picked him up just minutes ago.
              we should all feel better that we have a great speller in the neighborhood. ahhhh...