RE: Menacing Wolf-Dogs

  • Aarde V. Atheian
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2010
      The owner lives on the second apartment on the W side of Windsor on Clinton.
      He is a white guy in his late twenties. He's got three dogs. All of them
      seem to be hostile and threatening. His most menacing dog is a mix of wild
      Wolf and German Sheppard. He waits until midnight to take them out, always
      and without exception without a leash. The dogs always race towards me on
      sight. They gallop barkingly towards me to corral and corner me even from a
      block away from the SE corner of Clinton and Plymouth.

      I can recall five such incidents where the wolf-dog attacked forcing me to
      freeze motionless lest they bit me, like they do with bears. They stopped
      five feet short of biting my feet. Each time I told this guy that what he
      was doing was illegal, taking untamed dogs like this on leash-free midnight
      walks. Each time he told me to shut up and eat crap. He tells me to walk on
      the north bank of Clinton if I was so afraid of his dogs. I finally decided
      I would but now I carry a knife on me as well just in case his dogs attacked
      me on the north side of Clinton too. I have complained to the La Bonge
      office and to animal control. After dragging their feet for six months they
      took no action. And so the saga continues.

      ~Aard

      Aarde V. Atheian, 560 N. Plymouth Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90004-1411, Ph
      323.465.2695, Fx 323.465.2695, Email:Athein@....

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2010
        Sharon,
        Here it is. See also my correspondence with Jane and Joel.

        North Central Shelter
        3201 Lacy Street, Los Angeles, CA 90031
        888-4LAPET1 or 888-452-7381, FAX 213-847-0555
        Tuesday - Saturday (8:00AM - 5:00PM)
        Sunday (12:00PM - 4:00PM)
        Zip Codes Serviced:
        90004 90015 90023* 90029 90038 90057 90071
        90012 90017 90026 90031 90039 90063*

        ~Aard

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2010
          One can only hope that one day the wolf dog will eat the Chihuahuas.

          _____

          <http://groups.
          > yahoo.com/group/LVNA90004/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJnYjk3c2NsBF9TA
          zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzEzNjA1NDA5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0Mzk4OARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDY
          XRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjY3NTMxNDcx?xm=1&m=p&tidx=1> View All Topics |
          <http://groups.
          > yahoo.com/group/LVNA90004/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJncDEzaGc4BF9TAzk3M
          zU5NzE1BGdycElkAzEzNjA1NDA5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0Mzk4OARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDbnRwY
          wRzdGltZQMxMjY3NTMxNDcx> Create New Topic

          Message

          1.

          <http://groups.
          > yahoo.com/group/LVNA90004/message/761;_ylc=X3oDMTJxOGRmNmRwBF
          9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzEzNjA1NDA5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0Mzk4OARtc2dJZAM3NjEEc2
          VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTI2NzUzMTQ3MQ--> Leash Law

          Posted by: "mrsoriano"
          <mailto:mrsoriano@yahoo. <mailto:mrsoriano%40yahoo.com>
          com?Subject=%20Re%3ALeash%20Law> mrsoriano@yahoo.
          <mailto:mrsoriano%40yahoo.com> com
          <http://profiles. <http://profiles.yahoo.com/mrsoriano> yahoo.com/mrsoriano>
[...]

          com?Subject=Re%3ALeash%20Law> Reply to sender |

          <mailto:LVNA90004-normal@ <mailto:LVNA90004-normal%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Indiviu
          al%20Email> Switch delivery to Individual |
          <mailto:LVNA90004-tradition <mailto:LVNA90004-traditional%40yahoogroups.com>
          al@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Fo
          rmat:%20Traditional> Switch format to Traditional

          <http://groups.
          > yahoo.com/group/LVNA90004;_ylc=X3oDMTJlMDFwNmZsBF9TAzk3MzU5Nz
          E1BGdycElkAzEzNjA1NDA5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0Mzk4OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNocGYEc3RpbW
          UDMTI2NzUzMTQ3MQ--> Visit Your Group | <http://docs.
          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> yahoo.com/info/terms/>
          Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use |
          <mailto:LVNA90004-unsubscri <mailto:LVNA90004-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2010
            Jane
            I hasten to remind you that you have two distinct, separate and isolated cases here.
            In the Soriano case, the offender lives 1-1/2 block E of Wilton.
            In my case (the wolfdog breed one) the offender lives on 593 N Windsor Blvd at Clinton St.
            ~Aard

            jane.usher@lacity. org

            ------------ --------- --------- ------

            What good fortune and so close to the theatre of events too.

            Yes, I will try to.

            Will keep you posted.

            Finally this guy will learn to value civility over thinking his
            animals do

            not need to be frustrated with leashes for the convenience of others
            who

            must share his street.

            ~Aard