Leash Law

  • mrsoriano
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      First let me start by saying that I have nothing against people who have dogs that are well mannered, nice to others and controllable when walking off-leash in the neighborhood. On the other hand, when dogs are none of the above and are walked off-leash, I have a problem with it.

      Here's my story in a nutshellÂ… For the past 2 years, I've been dealing with a couple that lives in an apartment building on Clinton. They have 3 dogs, one German Shepard and 2 Chihuahuas. They refuse to walk them on their leashes. These dogs are not friendly, in fact, they are mean spirited and uncontrollable. When I walk my dog, who is always on a leash and is friendly, their dogs come after him and try to attack him. Their dogs have even crossed the street to try to get to my dog.

      To make a long story short, I've gone back and forth with these people, for like I said, 2 years now, trying to tell them that they need to put their dogs on their leashes. First they ignored me. Now they've resorted to flipping me off and calling me an Asshole. I finally reached the end of my patience last month and called the Department of Animal Control and reported them. They said they would send them a letter and patrol the area, in hopes to catch them and cite them. So far, I know that hasn't happened. Does anyone have any other suggestions of what I should do? Also, if you know who I'm talking about and have had the same issue, I'd really like to hear from you.