Suspicious person knocking on doors

  • koolk8h
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2010
      Today at 2pm on the 500 block of N. Irving, I noticed a person that knocked on a neighbors door (and other neighbors further up the street) then spoke with that resident, but I didn't hear their conversation. After that, he crossed the street and went to my residence, cause I was outside at the time, and asked, "Do you believe in a college education?" I answered, "NO," and he left saying thanks for my time. It was suspicious activity, cause the suspicious person, a black male, did not have anything on him (papers or bookbag), and the clothes he wore was a pair of blue jeans and a black t-shirt with a logo on the back. I wanted to let the group know about this, due to the previous neighborhood crimes that happened the previous months. Thank you.

      Keith K.
    • Michele Montgomery
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2010
        Someone banged on our door (500 block of Beachwood) at around 7 a.m.
        too. Fishing expedition, I'm sure.

        Michele
      • Angelique Campen
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2010
          Similar man here at 200 N blk of Van Ness around 3PM

          Angelique Campen, MD, FACEP
          Assistant Director, Department of Emergency Medicine
          Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center
          Angelique.Campen@...
          Clinical Instructor, Emergency Department
          UCLA Medical Center
          angelique.campen@...

        • jaynebieber@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 13, 2010
            Same thing happened to me this afternoon on the 500 block of Lillian Way

            From: Angelique Campen <akelly@...>
            Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:20:51
            To: koolk8h<koolk8h@...>
            Cc: <LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: Re: [LVNA90004] Suspicious person knocking on doors

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 13, 2010
              maybe all of this should be reported to our senior lead officers Lapd.....
              Same thing happened to me this afternoon on the 500 block of Lillian Way

              From: Angelique Campen <akelly@...>
              Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:20:51
              To: koolk8h<koolk8h@...>
              Cc: <LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com>

              Similar man here at 200 N blk of Van Ness around 3PM

              Angelique Campen, MD, FACEP
              Assistant Director, Department of Emergency Medicine
              Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center
              Angelique.Campen@...
              Clinical Instructor, Emergency Department
              UCLA Medical Center
              angelique.campen@...

              On Feb 13, 2010, at 3:20 PM, koolk8h wrote:

              > Today at 2pm on the 500 block of N. Irving, I noticed a person that
              > knocked on a neighbors door (and other neighbors further up the
              > street) then spoke with that resident, but I didn't hear their
              > conversation. After that, he crossed the street and went to my
              > residence, cause I was outside at the time, and asked, "Do you
              > believe in a college education?" I answered, "NO," and he left
              > saying thanks for my time. It was suspicious activity, cause the
              > suspicious person, a black male, did not have anything on him
              > (papers or bookbag), and the clothes he wore was a pair of blue
              > jeans and a black t-shirt with a logo on the back. I wanted to let
              > the group know about this, due to the previous neighborhood crimes
              > that happened the previous months. Thank you.
              >
              > Keith K.

            • shepshome
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 13, 2010
                Yeah, that guy knocked on my door and I spoke to him. Total con artist - tries to get you to donate money to help fund his college education. Pulled out a small black book with information.  I told him what he was doing was illegal and asked him to leave.  Then I saw him talking to the neighbor across the street on Irving - which I'm guessing was you, Keith.  Ken