Re: [LVNA90004] Mail stolen out of the box on N Gower

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2010
      Dear Sara and note to all neighbors, on Gower and everywhere:

      The neighbors on the 600 N. block of Gower are swinging into action for a real Block Watch, a small network on their block w/ a direct link to the LAPD Senior Lead Officer (Joe Pelayo on the east side of Gower, Dave Cordova of Wilshire Div. on the west side of Gower) and given the recent 2 break-ins on the 500 N. block of Gower this past week and the December break in on the 600 block, plus the surveilling/snooping through mailboxes and casing houses, may I recommend that every block organize a tight neighborhood watch?
      Our larger neighborhood group is fine and important but serves a more global neighborhood purpose.

      Please know that the Senior Lead Officers are happy to attend a small organizing meeting at anyone's home, any time, with whomever you can gather together.
      Their contact information is:
      SLO Joe Pelayo: 31762@..., 213-793-0709

      SLO Dave Cordova: 31646@..., 213-793-0650

      Karen Gilman
      Elmwood Ave.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2010
        Please make a police report on this AND report it to the Post Office. Both these steps are very important.
        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        Sometime early last week my mail was stolen from my mailbox on the front door. I am missing credit card statements and a priority package containing a professional photo of my family, among other things. My neighbor mentioned he has been waiting for a package that hasn't arrived - so likely his was stolen as well.

        A few years ago our mail was stolen and the thief used those blank checks that come in credit card statements to charge up a storm in retail purchases. I immediately contacted all of my credit cards to discontinue sending those checks.

      • sblittle
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2010
          I live on N Norton. The mail was stolen from mailboxes on N Norton (not Gower). I seem to have forgotten where I live. Sorry for the mistake.

          I will be sure to file a police report and report the incident to the Post Office.