Streetlamp Outages

  • joeldelman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2009
      I know this is a problem citywide, but have recently noticed a marked increase in streetlamp outages in the neighborhood... as I understand it, thieves open the access panels and steal the copper wire for a few bucks, leaving entire blocks in the dark. Its not only inconvenient, its got to be a factor in increased car break-ins and other potential safety concerns.

      Does anyone know if Tom Labonge's office has this on their radar? Any way we can push to get repairs done more quickly (or at all?) I've reported specific instances and have not seen a single light repaired even after months.

      Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

      Best,

      Joel