Car break IN's LVNA

  • markvollinger@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
      Folks:
      After speaking with our Liason Officer, Joe Pelayo, We have good news and bad news.

      Bad News

      1. He can't get the resources to address this, because crimes are not being reported.
      2. We have to report all Break ins/Crimes - Even if we left our car unlocked and items stolen, report it. Any crime, theft.
      3. The crime area is Melrose South, Beverly North, Andrews Place West.
      Lucerne East - 2 Districts divide area - Hollywood and Olympic. Might need more coordination.
      4. This might wait until Nov. 18th neighborhood meeting.
      5. These guys love it, no reports, no police, the area filled with opportunities to rob cars, homes?
      6. Car thefts - 1:30 to 3:30 AM, Home break ins - 1:00Pm to 2:30PM?

      Good News
      1. We have an l ID on the Car and Suspects. Car - 4 Door, 1998? Blue, Toyota, Sprinter, Red tape on left rear light. 2 Hispanic males, about 5'9" tall, slender build.
      2. Prints taken in break in on Plymouth Blvd the other night.
      3. Police are willing to have block meetings to get us to help each other.
      4. If crimes reported, they will assign resources.

      Action:
      1. One volunteer per street to at invite neighbors and police to get together.
      2. Report all suspicious activity immediately and request response, this is day and night.
      3. I will volunteer to schedule and host the N. Plymouth meeting, Mark Vollinger 303 995 9828
    • shanastein@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2009
        I have a friend who had her car broken into on Plymouth & Rosewood last week and when she called to make a police report they told her there was nothing they could do. They said that they wouldn't send an officer out to make a report and that if they wanted to make a report they would have to come into the station. I advised her to get the person's name she was speaking to and to make a report.
        When our car was broken into, it took us 2 days of calling to get through but they did send an officer to take a report.
        The police said that there is a "clicker device" that works on later model cars to click the doors unlocked and because they are using a "slim jim" device some people think that they accidentally left their cars unlocked when they didn't. So please pass that along so people don't think it's their fault for leaving the cars unlocked because that is one of the first questions the police ask when you make your report.
        So there are obstacles to getting reports filed but it's possible with persistence.