Traffic Issues

  • larchmontvillageneighborhood
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2005
      Due to numerous accidents and "close-calls" in the neighborhood,
      the LVNA has sent a letter to Tom Labonge to make this issue more of
      a priority. Enclosed is the text of our letter.

      March 16, 2005

      The Honorable Thomas LaBonge
      Councilman, 4th District
      200 North Spring Street, Room 480
      Los Angeles, California 90012

      Re: Stop Sign Issues

      Dear Tom:

      One of the most positive themes of your last campaign for
      the City Council was your insistence that traffic in the Larchmont
      Village area had to be brought under better control, and that more
      stop signs needed to be installed in residential neighborhoods. I
      am enclosing with this letter a photograph of a car that overturned
      on February 16th at the intersection of Plymouth and Rosewood in the
      Larchmont area when it collided with a car whose driver thought that
      the car proceeding on Rosewood would be stopping for a stop sign.
      This is a problem that is reflected in accident statistics, but is
      even more dramatically reflected in the frightening number of "near
      misses" that frighten the daylights out of pedestrians and drivers
      on Rosewood between Rossmore and Bronson. This same problem exists
      on Clinton between Rossmore and Wilton. As traffic on Melrose and
      Beverly intensifies, more and more drivers are using Rosewood and
      Clinton as "shortcuts," and in the process endangering the safety of
      people in our neighborhood.

      For the people who live in our area, this is an urgent
      matter. Please remember this campaign pledge, and work with us to
      bring four-way stop signs to every intersection on Rosewood and
      Clinton between Rossmore and Bronson.

      Thanks very much for your attention to this matter.

      Very truly yours,

      Larchmont Village Neighborhood Association

      Charles Hutchinson
      President