Free Community Potluck On Labor Day

  • tcaugust
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2009
      We are hosting a free pot luck at our shop: Fancifull 5617 Melrose Av
      On Labor Day from 4-7

      It is part of a campaign by Slow Food U.S.A. to bring attention to the Child Nutrition Act, which is up for renewal
      We look at it as a good reason for our neighborhood to come together and share a meal.

      Rep Zev Yaroslavsky will drop in to say hi, there will be programs represented there that are doing a lot of improve the nutrition and life of school children
      There is no hard sell or donations solicited. We would like to have people sign petitions if they feel like it.

      We will have activities for kids and food donated by some local restaurants including Larchmont Larder, Village Pizza, Pain Quotidien, and The Village, as well as Whole Foods Market.

      Washington has said show them the movement, the numbers, this is one way we can do it. Together we can reduce the sickening rise of childhood obesity and diabetes.
      For more info go to: www.slowfoodusa.org/timeforlunch or www.fancifull.com or call 323/466-7654
      Hope to see you there. We live on North Irving and would love to meet more of our neighbors.