LVNA Brochure Project - I need Volunteers Please!

  • M-Kat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2009
      Hey Folks,

      Kristin Bernstein of 588 N. Gower here --

      On Wednesday I met with Lynda Keeler (also of Gower Street) at the Larchmont
      Larder (yum!)
      and I came away in change of putting together a group to make this LVNA
      Brochure Project happen (yikes!)

      So here's the deal:

      In general, we need volunteers who are excited about the idea of putting
      together a LVNA Brochure
      -- for new people moving into the neighborhood, for people who are already
      here, but don't know about us or what we do, and for us as well.

      *The idea is that the LVNA Brochure would have many parts*:

      (a) A handy reference guide with all the phone numbers and websites
      addresses you need to know when you live in Larchmont --
      this would include everything from Graffiti Removal to Pothole Repair and
      Tree Trimming; from Animal Services to the Mayor's Office; from the John C.
      Freemont Library to Building & Safety; from Street Light Repair to "City
      Ride" (for Seniors); from Councilman LaBonge's Office to Abandoned Vehicles;
      and from Larchmont's Senior Lead Police Officers to Trash Collection
      (Bulky Item Pick-up); you name it, we'll have the contact information;

      (b) Information about joining our e-mail group, and about how to join
      the LVNA by sending in a $25 check;

      (c) A map to show the boundaries of "Larchmont Village";

      (d) Information about our yearly May and November LVNA meetings
      (that are advertised by e-mail and with street signs);

      (e) Why Larchmont is a special place? -- A list all the good things and
      conveniences that new neighbors might not know about;

      (f) History of Larchmont - just a short piece about the interesting
      history of the village;

      (g) Reference to the fact that on our website there are files re: Old
      Larchmont and historical information and pictures that members have donated
      and that can be accessed;

      (h) Reference to the fact that on our website there are files dating
      back several years re: prominent neighborhood issues or LVNA actions
      that can be accessed;

      (i) We have a logo for the cover!;

      (j) Any other great ideas people may come up with.

      *For this LVNA Brochure Project, we need two types of volunteers*:

      (1) people with web design capabilities; and

      (2) people with an eye for detail, who like to make decisions (artistic and
      otherwise).

      So, think it over -- but not too long!
      Go with your gut, jump in, say yes, just do it! [?][?]

      As soon as I get some positive responses,
      we will convene at the Larchmont Larder to plot!

      Please don't miss out on this opportunity to help your neighborhood and to
      get to know your neighbors!!

      Double please if you are that special someone who knows web design and can
      layout a brochure with 3 panels!!!

      Thanks,
      Kristin Bernstein
      kjmbern@...