ATTENTION RESIDENTS, EMPLOYEES, BUSINESSES, CUSTOMERS AND/OR VISITORS
Metro contractors will be conducting exploratory drilling as a part of the planning and environmental analysis for the proposed Westside Subway Extension.
City of Los Angeles (9AM 3:30PM Weekdays Only)
· Wilshire/Crescent Heights (Monday, June 15, 2009 Wednesday, June 17, 2009)
· Wilshire/La Jolla (Tuesday, June 16, 2009 Friday, June 19, 2009)
· Wilshire/Sweetzer (Thursday, June 18, 2009 Monday, June 22, 2009)
· Santa Monica/Century Park East (Friday, June 19, 2009 Tuesday, June 23, 2009)
City of Beverly Hills (9PM 6AM Sunday Excluded)
· Wilshire/Canon (Monday, June 15, 2009 Wednesday, June 17, 2009)
· Wilshire/Beverly (Wednesday, June 17, 2009 Friday, June 19, 2009)
· Wilshire/Almont (Thursday, June 18, 2009 Tuesday, June 23, 2009)
What to Expect:
· A crew of up to 6 people.
· A drill rig (see photo), truck and pick-up truck. Any additional passenger vehicles will be parked in legal parking spaces.
· Parking lane and/or 1 lane of traffic will be blocked while work is under way
· Noise and minimal vibration from drilling.
· Lanes will be cleared at the end of the work period and re-opened for regular use.
· Soil samples will be removed and sent to a lab for analysis.
Why is Metro Doing This Work At This Time?
· Metro is conducting a Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report for the proposed Westside Subway Extension.
· This work is being done in order to assess the conditions below the ground surface in order to prepare the necessary plans.
Other Important Information
· All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
· For more information about the Westside Subway Extension, please leave a message at 213-922-6934 or online at www.metro.net/westside.
· For anything requiring immediate attention, please call 323-889-5311.
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions.
Jody Feerst Litvak
Christian J. Rodarte
Project Manager - Community Relations | The Robert Group
| 323 669 7652 Office | 323 472 0671 Cell