no left turn enforcement, beverly/wilton

  • Samantha Karim
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2009
      Dear LVNA

      My neighbours and I are experiencing unbearable noise pollution from the new "no left turn" signal on the corner of Beverly and Wilton. Drivers are ignoring the rules for BOTH lanes, this is causing drivers to BLAST their horns all day and night, we are really fed up.

      There were parking officers assigned to the junction to promote the new rules, however the drivers were blatantly ignoring the parking officer right before our eyes. One officer said that drivers knew she was unable to issue a ticket for violation of the sign because was only a "parking officer" not a "traffic officer"

      Please could someone advise who to speak with concerning this issue. We believe this is an ENFORCEMENT issue since the new signage has been in place long enough for people to understand the new turn signal, however people are shamelessly choosing to ignore it!

      Regards

      Samantha Karim (Wilton Place)
    • Kathy Simanek
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2009
        Samantha,

        Thank you for this note.  I, too, am on Wilton Place but a bit further down from the corner.  Upon returning home yesterday at 6:00 p.m., SEVERAL cars were beeping at one car to NOT turn left onto Beverly.  The driver continued to make the left turn and was almost hit by the driver in the opposite direction.

        For the neighbors who are further down Wilton where the lane separation begins, the congestion starts and it is becoming more difficult to get out of our own driveways in the morning.  Similar but side issue - the speed at which people continue down Wilton at almost any time of day seems to have drastically increased since the road has been repaved - which it was sorely in need of.  Any other neighbors feeling this noise or traffic impact?

        Kathy Simanek