Car Break In

  • gia0084@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2009
      Hi,
      Our car was broken into Friday early morning. The drivers side window shattered and a quick ransack. My sons iPod was stolen while my 100 pound guard dog was fast asleep! This happened in front of our home on Gower and Rosewood. Just a heads up there still out there...

      Be Safe, Georgea

    • georgeafenady@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2014
        Last night around 3:45 AM I noticed a young female standing near my truck on Rosewood and Gower. My dog and I watched her from a window. She was holding a cell phone in her hand texting or something. She then started to go thru a backpack she was holding throwing things out of it onto the sidewalk. I moved to a closer window and heard hear calling on cell for a cab to pick her up at 500 North Gower. She disappeared out of my view between 500 and 503 north Gower. So I woke up Scott (my guy) and told him what I saw. He went outside picked up her trash and walked to the driveway of 503 Gower only to find her ransacking both cars in the driveway! He yelled to me to call the police. I did. She pleaded not to call the police and started running north on Gower to Melrose. Scott followed her. When she reached Melrose a cab pulled over and she jumped in. Scott told the driver to stop she is breaking into cars in our neighborhood but she must of convinced him otherwise. The police showed up took a report woke up the neighbors who cars she was in and indeed she entered both unlocked vehicles and ransacked them. As I walked back to my house I happened to take a look in my truck bed and saw another backpack and a big duffel bag. The police took both. Not sure if they were stolen goods or her belongings? So if anyone had anything stolen out of a vehicle last night it might be at the station.
        She was a young female 125 pounds around 20 years old, brown hair and glasses.
        Lock your cars...

        Stay Safe, Georgea
      • shepshome
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2014
          Gerorgeafenedy -- Thanks for posting and for the heads up!