Neighborhood Councils City Budget funds in jeopardy

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2009
      Dear LVNA neighbors,
      Our neighborhood association is watching this carefully and individuals are participating in communicating with the City Council. Please read the details below to become better informed and potentially take action this week.

      This is an extremely important issue and if the proposed budget cut proceeds, neighborhood councils will be virtually crippled.

      See Jack Humphreville's letter below.

      Karen Gilman
      LVNA Secretary

      The Budget and Finance Committee will convene on Tuesday, May 12, 2009
      to finalize its complete recommendations to send forward to the City
      Council.? The full City Council will then begin holding special meetings
      to consider the Committee's budget recommendations on Monday, May 18,
      2009.?

      This is blatant attempt by certain members of the City Council to
      silence the Neighborhood Councils.?

      If you wish to express your opposition to these last minute cuts, send
      an e mail to our Council Member, Tom LaBonge <
      labonge@... >. You can also attend and make a public
      comment at the Budget & Finance Committee (Tuesday @ 1 PM at City Hall)
      or the City Council (Tuesday @ 10 AM).

      If you have any questions, please e mail Jack Humphreville at
      jack@....