Car Broken into on Plymouth

  • Gina
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2009
      Hello Everyone,

      I wanted to write a quick post to let everyone know that my car was broken into yesterday at around 2:45pm. It was parked on the street between Plymouth and Rosewood. There were two witnesses that saw a young man about 19 or 20 walk by, break the window, grab my gps and run off to a car that "looked like a mustang." They weren't able to get a license plate, but one of the witnesses said that they had seen this young man walking around the block beforehand casing out all of the cars to see what people had left on the seats. One of the witness also saw someone else that same day jump over a fence on our block. We called the police to file a report and the refused to come out even thought my gps had my home address in it. I then had to wait 4 1/2 hours to file a report when I was told, (after calling 6 times and was told to call back) we will call you when we get a chance. We are all okay, and no one was injured, but I wanted to let everyone know as this was quite brazen.

      Best,

      Gina O'Donnell
    • Gina

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2009
          Hi Gina,
          Maybe the police did not come out because they have higher priorities
          for their limited resources like going after prostitution and drug offenses,
          which potentially can bring in revenue for their department as well through
          asset confiscation.
          The incentives for investigating property theft or even mugging are
          little in comparison for LAPD.

          Thank you very much for letting people know about such events in the
          neighborhood and I am sorry it happened to you. I have been there as well.

          Best Regards.
          Olivier 213 400 8528
          -----Gina's message:
          Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 06:51:12 -0000