Re: Robbery on North Norton Avenue

  • kevinlanda
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2008
      Julie this really terrible news and unfortunately not isolated at this
      point.

      I walk at night for fitness and have felt uncomfortable lately and
      noticed suspicious people lately. To be clear, I have not witnessed any
      crimes in progress however individuals that appear to be "looking
      around."

      One evening I was outside speaking with my neighbor, who happens to be a
      LAPD officer and we noticed a young tall male with a backpack walking
      several times around the block... this was around midnight! He
      suggested I carry a flashlight and pepper spray when I walk at night, it
      sounded a bit extreme at the time, however with the recent rash of
      incidents, I am beginning to consider it.

      I have been thinking about a way to make our neighborhood safer and have
      brainstormed with several residents and even thought about a way to set
      up a patrol service as a possible for profit service or a volunteer
      "fitness" neighborhood watch or a volunteer bike patrol... I have not
      been able to come up with anything tangible and will leave it our block
      captains, private patrol and LAPD to handle it? Any ideas?

      Does anyone know how we can get neighborhood watch signs for the LVNA
      area or if we can get custom signs made for LVNA and approved to post
      around the area? Maybe LVNA patrol or neighborhood watch signs for the
      front yards. any ideas?

      Kevin Landa

      North Lucerne

      --- In LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com, Julie Johnson <juliescooking@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. We would like you all to be
      aware of another robbery in our