Robbery on North Norton Avenue

  • Julie Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2008
      Hi all,

      I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.  We would like you all to be aware of another robbery in our
      neighborhood.  At approximately 10:00am on Wed. Nov 26th, someone
      entered our back gate and broke in our master bedroom window.  They
      ransacked our house and stole a camcorder and laptop computer
      and even went so far as to empty out our kids piggy banks.  The police
      think I scared them off when I came home because there were items
      stacked up waiting to be taken.  We were very impressed by how quickly
      a helicopter and police arrived.  Unfortunately no one was caught.

      Please be extra safe during this holiday season!

      xo The Johnson Family
      North Norton Ave

    • kevinlanda
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2008
        Julie this really terrible news and unfortunately not isolated at this
        point.

        I walk at night for fitness and have felt uncomfortable lately and
        noticed suspicious people lately. To be clear, I have not witnessed any
        crimes in progress however individuals that appear to be "looking
        around."

        One evening I was outside speaking with my neighbor, who happens to be a
        LAPD officer and we noticed a young tall male with a backpack walking
        several times around the block... this was around midnight! He
        suggested I carry a flashlight and pepper spray when I walk at night, it
        sounded a bit extreme at the time, however with the recent rash of
        incidents, I am beginning to consider it.

        I have been thinking about a way to make our neighborhood safer and have
        brainstormed with several residents and even thought about a way to set
        up a patrol service as a possible for profit service or a volunteer
        "fitness" neighborhood watch or a volunteer bike patrol... I have not
        been able to come up with anything tangible and will leave it our block
        captains, private patrol and LAPD to handle it? Any ideas?

        Does anyone know how we can get neighborhood watch signs for the LVNA
        area or if we can get custom signs made for LVNA and approved to post
        around the area? Maybe LVNA patrol or neighborhood watch signs for the
        front yards. any ideas?

        Kevin Landa

        North Lucerne

        --- In LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com, Julie Johnson <juliescooking@...>