Larchmont Blvd. hearing + Saturday City Planning Gail Goldberg 10a.m.
- Today, Saturday, Sept. 13, at 10 a.m., Gail Goldberg, Executive Director of the Dept. of City Plannning, will speak at the Plan Check Neighborhood Councils meeting, to be held at Hollywood City Hall, 6501 Fountain Avenue (corner of Wilcox Ave.)
For report on the Larchmont Blvd. height and width limits zone change hearing in City Council on Thursday morning, see Tom La Bonge's News of the Week below:
Greetings on a Friday!
This has been a busy week in the Fourth Council District and next week will be
even busier. For more information on any of the news briefs below, visit our
website at: www.tomlabonge.com
- Tom's effort to preserve the character and scale of Larchmont Village cleared
its first major hurdle when the Planning Commission unanimously approved it on
Thursday. The measure will now be heard by the City Council's Planning and Land
Use Management Committee. We'll post the date of that hearing here and on the
- Tom attended several 9/11 memorials yesterday and led a candle-light vigil in
North Hollywood Park. For photos from that event (and from Beach Boys' Brian
Wilson's visit to the City Council, visit: http://www.tomlabonge.com/photos/
- The 11th monthly CD4 Griffith Park Clean-Up will be held tomorrow at 8 a.m. in
the Bird Sanctuary. This is part of the restoration effort that the Council
Office and the Department of Recreation and Parks have undertaken to clean and
replant the burn areas left by the devastating fire of May, 2007. See the
attached flier for more details.
- Next Thursday, Tom joins Councilmembers Jan Perry and Jose Huizar along with
Starline Tours in launching new tours of downtown Los Angeles. Starline Tours,
which has been operating in Los Angeles since 1935, will offer hop-on-hop-off
tours of downtown's cultural and architectural icons beginning Thursday. Riders
will enjoy the views from open-air double-decker buses and visit each location
at their leisure. For a free ride as the tour launches, join us on Thursday,
September 18 at 10 a.m. in front of the Old Plaza Firehouse, 134 Paseo de la
Plaza, Los Angeles 90012. For more information, contact carolyn.ramsay@...
- Tom's second annual Schools Collaborative brings together principals and
parents from CD4 public schools to discuss ways to boost parent participation,
fund-raising and outreach to community groups. For more information, contact
- Tom speaks at the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce luncheon on Thursday, Sept. 18
at 11:30a at The Avalon, 1735 N. Vine St. For more information, call the
Chamber at: 323-469-8311.
- The City's 17th Annual Preparedness Fair is Saturday, Sept. 13th at 10a-2p at
the Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits
(Miracle Mile), 5801 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles 90036.
Have a great weekend and continue to enjoy and love Los Angeles!
Griffith Park Clean-Up on Saturday, Sept. 13
Please join Councilmember Tom LaBonge, the CD4 staff and the Department of Recreation and Parks for a clean-up of the Griffith Park Bird Sanctuary on Saturday, September 13, from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. This event is part of Councilmember LaBonge...
Griffith Park as Historic-Cultural Monument
Dear Friends, You may be aware that there is an application to designate Griffith Park as a Historic-Cultural Monument of the City of Los Angeles. I have supported the designation of many elements of the park as historic monuments during my...
If you'd like to receive Tom's weekly email newsletter, please click here to sign up.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]