Noisy Neighbor update-- Sheldon Moore is not their bldg. manager

  • sharonhouston_sharonhouston
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2008
      Hello, all! Thought I'd post here so I can reach everyone at once.

      First, thanks for all the emails and information from everyone. What a great community!

      Now, let's get down to brass tacks. A group of us went over and talked to the fellows who
      live in that building and told them that we'd like for them to zip it. They were very nice
      (USC Grad students-- I believe they're studying in Keg Stand Arts.) and said they'd simmer
      down. That worked for about a week and last night they were up to their old antics. I
      called Sheldon Moore, who many said was the manager of the building and he's not their
      building manager. He manages the big building that's on Elmwood and Norton, on the E.
      side of the street. It has many units. The building we're having problems with only has
      one or two units and it's off the beaten path. You can't even see the building from the
      street. Sheldon was lovely and advised me to do what you all said to do, which was to
      reach out to the policeman assigned to our neighborhood. I emailed him but got an out-
      of-the-office reply. I'll shoot him an email on Monday and go from there.

      So that's the update. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted!

      Best,
      Sharon
    • Peggy Kamuf
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2008
        Regarding the inconsiderate neighbors: if they are indeed graduate
        students, and not undergrads, then one recourse is to take it to their
        graduate advisers at USC. They're behaving like spoiled children, so
        speak to the in loco parents. You'd have to get their names and their
        fields of study. With that information, I can find out who their
        advisers are.

        Peggy
        444 N. Irving

        --
        Peggy Kamuf
        Professor of French and Comparative Literature