unpleasant run in with sidewalk cleaner

  • blabarge
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2008
      Around 8:45 this morning, I had a very unpleasant experience on
      Larchmont. I stopped to let my 9 month old son look at some dogs in
      front of the travel agency, and I was berated by the man who was
      cleaning the sidewalk. He was angry that we were "in his way." After
      making our usual loop, and coming back around the street, we
      encountered the same man, cleaning further up the street. After
      saying, "You again!?" he started yelling at me that I should get away
      from him and get out of the area. Needless to say, it was very
      upsetting. He also had a run-in with the owner of the dogs we were
      looking at and a pregnant lady in Sam's Bagels.

      I would like to make a formal complaint about this man, but I'm not
      sure who he works for. He is a tall, thin African-American man with
      some missing teeth. He is probably in his 50s. Does anyone know who
      this man is or who he works for? Has anyone else had a similar
      experience? He seems to be in charge of hosing down the sidewalk (at
      least on the east side). Thanks for any info you have. I love our
      neighborhood and would hate to see it tarnished by this kind of
      experience.

      Miranda La Barge
    • Susan Leibowitz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2008
        i believe he works for the larchmont business association. you could
        ask any of the shop-owners. he's been cleaning the sidewalk for a
        long time. it seems like the entire 11 years i've lived around here.
        he's usually chatty and friendly though he has told me sometimes he
        doesn't like my hat.
      • olivier
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2008
          Just my 2 cents:
          A chief complaint about Larchmont has been the trash issue.
          So if this guy *is working*, maybe we should give him a break.
          You'll have a tough time getting Tom Labonge to do his work although
          he will probably be very friendly with everybody. :-)
          -----Susan Leibowitz's message:
          Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:30:05 -0700
          From: Susan Leibowitz <susanleibowitz@...>
          To: LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [LVNA90004] Re:unpleasant run in with sidewalk cleaner
          LVNA90004-owner@yahoogroups.com

          -----End of Susan Leibowitz's message

          --
          Olivier Schreiber OSchreiber.ae90@... Cell 1 213 400 8528
        • mrsoriano
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9, 2008
            I've seen him for years and he's always been pleasant to me and my dog.

            --- In LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com, olivier <oschreiber.ae90@...> wrote:

            > Just my 2 cents:
            > A chief complaint about Larchmont has been the trash issue.
            > So if this guy *is working*, maybe we should give him a break.
            > You'll have a tough time getting Tom Labonge to do his work although
            > he will probably be very friendly with everybody. :-)
            > -----Susan Leibowitz's message:
            > Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:30:05 -0700
            > From: Susan Leibowitz <susanleibowitz@...>
            > To: LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [LVNA90004] Re:unpleasant run in with sidewalk cleaner
            > LVNA90004-owner@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > i believe he works for the larchmont business association. you could
            > ask any of the shop-owners. he's been cleaning the sidewalk for a
            > long time. it seems like the entire 11 years i've lived around here.
            > he's usually chatty and friendly though he has told me sometimes he
            > doesn't like my hat.
            >

            > -----End of Susan Leibowitz's message
            >
            > --
            > Olivier Schreiber OSchreiber.ae90@... Cell 1 213 400 8528

          • Patricia Carroll
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 9, 2008
              If this is the man I am thinking of, he is really sweet, has a big hello for everyone and sometimes washes your car if you ask him to while parked in the parking lot. Maybe he had a bad day or personal problems. Do give him another chance.
              Patti