RE: [LVNA90004] Digest Number 279

  • Aarde V. Atheian
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
      From: Aarde V. Atheian [mailto:Athein@...]
      Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 1:48 PM
      To: 'No Reply'
      Subject: RE: [LVNA90004] Digest Number 279

      Dear LVNA

      There were two attachment in my LVNA email to you that apparently your email
      program didn't pick. I'm sending them back to your in regular text form this
      time. ~Aard

      Sunday, August 12, 2007; 2:54 PM

      To: Central Shelter
      3201 Lacy Street, Los Angeles, CA 90031
      888-4LAPET1 or 888-452-7381, FAX 213-847-0555

      Subject: Complaint about a Dog that Startles Us with her Barking

      Dear Sirs;

      I's like to complain about a dog that resides within my neighborhood at 349
      N Bronson Avenue, located in the Larchmont area of Los Angeles.

      During the past two years, every time that I and one of my house members
      take a walk at night on the 300 block of Bronson Ave(N of Beverly Blvd, S of
      Rosewood Avenue), that dog barks so suddenly, so startlingly, so fiercely,
      so savagely, and so menacingly that we literally leave the intersection
      shaking in our boots with fear of losing life or limb should that dog one
      day be turned loose on us.

      I have tried to reason with the owner who seems to be a young adult living
      in her mother's house. He has told us that the dog is for her mother's
      protection and that she needs that kind of a dog.

      The dog is a rusty colored female pit bull and the owner has shown no
      willingness to be courteous, sympathetic or accommodating.

      Currently the dog is only twenty feet away from the pedestrian sidewalk. I
      have asked the owner to please keep the dog fifty feet away from the
      pedestrian sidewalk when we're passing thru.

      Can you clarify for us residents who want to do this according to its rules,

      What are the rules that govern this kind of disputes?

      Does Animal control offer services to ameliorate the potential conflict
      between dog owner and pedestrians?

      ~Aard

      Aard V. Atheian,

      Owner of residence at,

      560 N. Plymouth Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90004-1411,

      323.465.2695

      Email: Athein@...

      Complaint 1

      Sunday, September 18, 2007 5:52 PM

      To: Field Supervisor

      E Valley Animal Care Center
      14,409 Van Owen St

      Van Nuys, CA 91405

      1.888.452.7381

      Subject: Ferocious Dog Complaint

      Dear Sirs;

      I am writing in response to your answer of August 16, 2007 of my original
      complaint of August 12, 2007 about a particularly menacing dog in my
      neighborhood at:

      349 N Bronson Avenue.

      Located in the Larchmont area of Los Angeles.

      Your letter instructed us to obtain audiotapes, witnesses, etc.

      After three months of trying to get the owner to restrain his dog, I'm sorry
      to report that the owner has only become more belligerent and offensive. He
      has shown no sympathy towards ameliorating the plights of others in his
      neighborhood who are the pedestrians.

      I have proposed that he place the dog twenty feet away from his gate which
      itself is twenty feet away from the sidewalk where we take my evening walks,

      Or

      Put an electronic fence to keep her twenty feet away from his gate

      Or

      Take his dog to a training class to attenuate from the savagery of her
      attack frenzies

      Or

      Get the dog to consider me a friend rather than a foe by getting the dog to
      get familiarized with me

      Or

      Take the dog inside during the time of our walks from 11PM to 1AM.

      The dog you will recall is a two year old rusty colored female pit bull.

      Whatever I have proposed, his only response has been "just fuck off, get
      moving, start walking, suck on a fat one, keep away from my neighborhood,
      don't walk on my street, got it? Get going", kind.

      In short, I think it is time to summon the meeting that your letter had
      envisioned.

      Standing by for such a notification from you, I remain.

      Aard

      Aard V. Atheian,

      Neighbor,

      560 N. Plymouth Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90004-1411,

      323.465.2695

      Email: Athein@...

      Complain 2

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
        Hi Aarde,
        Have you tried the following:
        During your walk, take a lengthy break in front of the house with the pit bull.
        Have a conversation with your walking companion while the dog is barking away.
        Eventually, this could lead the dog owner to get his dog to quiet down if the
        dog does not by itself.
        If the dog keeps barking, then the neighbors will start complaining as well.
        Does that make sense?
        Just a thought.
        Best Regards.
        Olivier