Attempted Break-in 1.18.04 on 500 Block of No. Irving

  • no_irving
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2005
      I wanted to inform you of an attempted break-in in the neighborhood
      yesterday.

      About 3:30PM Tuesday:

      a male
      white/light skinned
      about 5"10" tall
      thin build
      short dark hair
      unshaven
      wearing shorts & sleeveless top
      was on (or pretending to be on) a cell phone
      was wearing some sort of bag worn across the front of his body

      I say ATTEMPTED break-in, due to 2 neighbors being vigilant watching
      someone they knew not to belong in the neighborhood. They approached
      the guy while he was attempting to force his way into our neighbors
      side door. They asked him what he was doing and he pretended to be
      speaking to someone in the back yard. While telling him they knew no
      one was home, they started to approach him and told him to get out of
      there. He then ran into the backyard. We immediately called both LAPD
      main # and the Hollywood Division # directly. Within 15 minutes 2
      black & whites showed up, but the suspect had jumped a very tall fence
      and ran off and exited through a yard on Windsor.

      Oddly enough when the guy was trying to enter the home, there were a
      couple guys on the block distributing flyers/door hangers.
      Coincidence? Who knows, just be aware and make mental notes of
      suspicious behavior in the neighborhood. Due to two women doing just
      that, a break-in was averted.

      IF YOU SEE UNUSUAL ACTIVITY:
      Write down all pertinent information (height, weight, hair color,
      build, clothing), anything unusual, car license #, etc.
      Call LAPD when you see any suspicious activity. Better to be safe than
      sorry.

      IF POSSIBLE, TRY TO CALL YOUR LAPD STATION DIRECTLY, (EITHER THE
      HOLLYWOOD OR WILSHIRE DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE
      Most of Larchmont is under the Hollywood station, which covers the
      streets from the East side of Gower to Wilton. The area from the West
      side of Gower to Arden is covered by the Wilshire station.

      Hollywood Community Police Station
      1358 N. Wilcox Avenue
      Hollywood CA 90028
      213.485.4302