Speaker Series at Christ the King

  • gislounge
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2007
      For those that are interested, Christ the King Catholic Church is
      hosting a ten month long speaker series starting on September 19th
      with Bishop Clark. Information is below.

      Faith, Formation and Parish Life ~ Speaker Series

      Christ the King is hosting a speaker series with some notable
      Catholic academics on the schedule. It starts Wednesday, September
      19th with a talk by Bishop Edward Clark on "What Does it Mean to be a
      Eucharistic Church?". The talk will be at 7pm in the church ( 624
      North Rossmore Ave , LA 90004 – web: http://www.ctkla.org ). All
      talks are free and open to anyone that's interested. The full
      schedule is below. Please pass this along to anybody that you think
      might be interested in this series. We also have a write-up in the
      Tidings this week on the series:

      http://www.the-tidings.com/2007/083107/ola.htm .

      Faith, Formation and Parish Life
      Speaker Series at Christ the King Roman Catholic Church
      http://www.ctkla.org
      STARTING AT 7PM IN THE CHURCH
      Click here for a PDF of the flyer

      WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH
      What Does it Mean to be a Eucharistic Church? ~ Bishop Edward Wm.
      Clark
      How do we live out the values of the Eucharist in the life of our
      parish and in the world?

      WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10TH
      Will I Still Have a Parish? ~ Sr. Carol Quinlivan
      What does the shortage of priests imply for my parish? Will we still
      have a pastor?

      MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH
      The Catholic in the Public Square : Social Justice and Conscience ~
      Fr. Richard Benson
      What can I do to better serve the misfortunate in society amidst
      limited resources?

      MONDAY, DECEMBER 3RD
      Let's Pray/Gather Together: Parish Cultural Integration ~ Bishop
      Oscar Solis
      "How do we bring our parish together as one community while
      respecting the different cultures?"

      WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 16TH
      Parish Pastoral Council: How it serves the Community ~ Dr. Mark
      Fischer
      What is the Pastoral Council and how does it serve our community?

      SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 10TH
      Is Catholic Tradition Outdated? ~ Fr. Thomas Rausch, S.J.
      What does it mean to be Catholic today? Do I possess the know-how to
      hand on my Catholic faith to the next generation?

      THURSDAY, MARCH 13TH
      Blessed, Broken, and Sent: Why the Liturgy? ~ Fr. Kevin McCracken
      Do I understand why I go to Mass every Sunday? What part of full,
      active, conscious participation do I not understand?

      MONDAY, APRIL 14TH
      Building Ministry to Continue the Mission of Christ ~ Msgr. Liam
      Kidney
      I would like to participate in a ministry - what qualifies me?SUNDAY,
      MAY 4TH
      Jesus the Jew ~ Fr. Patrick Mullen
      Why did Jesus have to die? How does understanding Jesus as a Jew help
      me to know and love him and feel loved by him?

      WEDNESDAY, JUNE 25TH
      What is New About the New Evangelization? ~ Bishop Edward Wm. Clark
      What are the dark corners of my life that still need to be
      enlightened by the truth of the Gospel?