Crimes in vicinity of El Royale Apartments

  • euphoric52
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2007
      I spoke to Moses, who works in a managerial capacity at the El Royale.
      He told me he was aware of a total of three robberies within the past
      two months.

      1. Two months ago,at 8 to 9 PM, a purse snatching on Rossmore. The
      victim, an El Royale resident, attempted to let the robber have the
      purse, but got tangled in the purse strap, fell to the ground and
      suffered facial injuries.

      2. About six weeks ago, an El Royale resident, an actor, was accosted
      late at night on the north side of Rosewood near the corner of Arden,
      and surrendered his cellphone to a robber (Moses did not mention to me
      whether a gun or knife was used, and said he believes this incident
      was not reported to the police).

      3. Last Sunday 130AM, an El Royale resident and a guest were returning
      to El Royale, walking on Rossmore. A woman approached, asked for
      directions, and while the victims were distracted, two men with a gun
      or guns approached and robbed the victims of their wallets. After the
      robbery, the victims were approached by a second robber, who was told
      that the robber was out of luck because the victims had already been
      robbed that night. ( This is a strange detail -- I don't know what to
      make of it.)

      According to Moses, incidents 1 and 3 were reported to the Wilshire
      Division.

      Be aware and alert.
    • Caitlin Dempsey
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15, 2007
        Have the apartment complexes that line Rossmore considered banding together
        to put up security cameras along Rossmore to deter crime?

        editor@...

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2007
          The crimes occurred on Rosewood, neighbors walking home from Larachmont to
          Rossmore.
          Second, these are renters involved who may not even have approached their
          managers about what happened; I heard it from THEIR neighbors who rent in
          another apartment building on Rossmore, but thanks for your generally wise
          suggestions!
          Ksren
          Elmwood Ave.

          In a message dated 8/15/2007 12:07:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
          editor@... writes:

          Have the apartment complexes that line Rossmore considered banding together
          to put up security cameras along Rossmore to deter crime?

          Caitlin Dempsey, Editor

          GIS Lounge