RE: [LVNA90004] Digest Number 17

  • Bruce Walker
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
      May I suggest the "phone tree". I believe this is helpful for any block.
      Bruce Walker

      From: "michelemontgomery" <michele@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:54:59 -0000
      From: "michelemontgomery" <michele@...>
      Subject: More Beachwood Action

      Someone rang our door bell at 3:55 am this morning. We bolted out of bed
      and - with the lights still off - checked for the obvious. Was it triggered
      by a power failure? Partygoers from the local bars? Pranksters?

      After deciding it was none of the above, I turned on a small light to get
      the phone number of the Wilshire Police Station. (Yes, I know, I should have
      it on speed dial. And we're in Hollywood Station - but Wilshire responds
      faster. <g>)

      My husband heard a car - parked a few houses down - fire up and drive off.
      They must have seen the light or heard our movement.

      The police came out and cked the neighborhood - we live on the 500 block of
      Beachwood between Rosewood and Clinton.

      Whoever rang the bell was now long gone.

      I'm sure someone was checking to see if we were home - or light sleepers -
      prior to a break in. I don't think they expected our doorbell to be 8 tones
      and so loud it probably awakened half of Hollywood Forever. Not a good
      choice for them that evening.

      The cops were very nice but I explained that our street has had more than
      its share of robberies in the past few months. Hopefully, we'll get more
      patrols around here.

      I think it's time we started a neighborhood watch and made Beachwood a "no
      solicitation"
      street. If the LVNA wants to be involved, great! If not, I think we should
      do it on our block anyway.

      Michele Montgomery

    • lowelevin@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
        So where does Michelle live on Beachwood? Marilyn Levin (on Beachwood Dr. too. cell (323-333-1822) I thought someone had offered to have a meeting and to invite the neighborhood watch person from the police station. Thanks. ML