Suspicious Activity near 500 N. Bronson...

  • larchmontvillageneighborhood
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2004
      This from a neighbor about a recent character seen regulary around
      her street....Please remember, if you see something you think is
      strange call 877-ASK-LAPD, or if you think it requires immediate
      attention call 911. Here is the summary of what she has observed...

      In the last 2 weeks, I have seen the same car 3 times, at the same
      time of
      day (4-5PM), across the street from my house in a few different
      locations,
      but close by. It is always the same car, a late model black Nissan 4
      door,
      and I have the license. The driver, an African-American male, pulls
      up and
      when I see him see me, the first 2 times he pulled away. He is
      always on a
      cellphone.

      The last time, I had my babysitter watching him from the porch, and I
      walked
      outside and crossed the street, looked at his car to memorize the
      plates,
      kept walking, then when out of sight turned around and walked back
      home,
      again taking a look in his direction. He definitely knows I am aware
      of
      him.

      This third time, he started talking really loudly on his cellphone,
      and
      about 5 minutes later pulled away.

      He is around 40 years old, and the first 2 times had a bandana on his
      head,
      dark navy blue and white, but the last time was dressed nicely and
      had a
      shaved head.

      Right after he left, my friend pulled up and parked near where he'd
      been
      last time, and found a wad of papers on the ground. They were a page
      from
      the yellow pages for stamps for collectors, and a piece of paper
      w/the phone
      number and address of one of the collectors/pawn shops (I matched the
      info
      to one of the entries in the yellow pages).

      The police said the fact that he'd been back three times in the same
      car
      could indicate that he was a detective or an adjuster, although they
      didn't
      rule out he could be casing. I suppose he could be a drug dealer.
      Or he
      could be a guy that pulls over on his way home from work to take cell
      calls.
      I just don't know. I do know that he gives me a bad vibe.