Drive-by BB Gun Shootings in Larchmont Village & Hancock Park

  • larchmontvillageneighborhood
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30 1:53 PM
      The following are a few emails that have been sent around concerning
      the recent BB gun shootings in the area. These incidents have been
      reported and the police are investigating. We'll keep you posted.

      FROM KEVIN KEATING 400 N. BLOCK OF LAS PALMAS 10.25.06

      Just wanted to let you that last night at around 10:30 a BB gun was
      fired through one of our large front of the house windows. While only
      a BB, it went straight through the window and could easily have
      injured someone.

      When the police arrived (an hour and a half later) the officers
      explained the extreme delay was due to the fact that whomever shot our
      house was driving around the neighborhood shooting some other homes as
      well. Apparently, they've been up to this for about 2 weeks.

      Hopefully, this won't happen to anyone else. However, in the event it
      does, it is imperative that and unusual "rock hitting the window"
      sound be quickly investigated. Look for a small hole in any windows.
      Better, look immediately to the street for the car which is most
      likely shooting on the go. Then, call 911 immediately. The police said
      calling quickly could help pinpoint where these losers are heading and
      their most likely getaway route.

      Thank you. I hope we can catch these people.

      Kevin

      FROM CINDY CHVATAL - HANCOCK PARK RESIDENT 10.25.06

      The back of our car was shot at on Sunday night as well. I have
      reported this to the police. The police believe there is a ring of
      vandals targeting the neighborhood.

      FROM CHARLIE HUTCHINSON - BRONSON AVE. - LARCHMONT VILLAGE 10.31.06

      A neighbor's car on Saturday had it's window shot out . Just about
      2.30 pm as well. 300 block of N. Bronson Ave, just north of Beverly.