Re: Subterranean termites?

  • agaprops
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2006
      We had somthing like that at our property on Larchmonth Blvd. One
      day we had a lot of unidentified flying insects in the basement.
      Terminex came and identified them as termites that lived
      underground. They hatch eggs periodically and swarm. Terminx treated
      and we have not seen them since. Hope this helps.

      p.s. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has concerns about
      Parking District 115 - It renews in November and we may have a
      chance to make some modifications if we can get the homeowners,
      businesses and other interested parties to agree. Thanks,

      --- In LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com, Linda Fowells <elleff@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone had experience with subterranean termites? A termite
      inspector
      > just told us we have them under the house, and should have the
      house
      > treated. While I know drywood termites are a problem, we've not
      heard
      > about subterranean termites in this area, so just wondering if
      it's a likely
      > issue, or more of a sales pitch.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Linda (on Lucerne)

    • Linda Fowells
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2006
        Many thanks to the large group who took time to write me back with
        information, tips, contractor recommendations, etc.!

        There is clear concensus that subterranean termites are in the neighborhood!

        --- In LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com <mailto:LVNA90004%40yahoogroups.com> ,