Subterranean termites?

  • Linda Fowells
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2006
      Has anyone had experience with subterranean termites? A termite inspector
      just told us we have them under the house, and should have the house
      treated. While I know drywood termites are a problem, we've not heard
      about subterranean termites in this area, so just wondering if it's a likely
      issue, or more of a sales pitch.

      Thanks,

      Linda (on Lucerne)
    • agaprops
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2006
        We had somthing like that at our property on Larchmonth Blvd. One
        day we had a lot of unidentified flying insects in the basement.
        Terminex came and identified them as termites that lived
        underground. They hatch eggs periodically and swarm. Terminx treated
        and we have not seen them since. Hope this helps.

        p.s. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has concerns about
        Parking District 115 - It renews in November and we may have a
        chance to make some modifications if we can get the homeowners,
        businesses and other interested parties to agree. Thanks,

        --- In LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com, Linda Fowells <elleff@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone had experience with subterranean termites? A termite
        inspector
        > just told us we have them under the house, and should have the
        house
        > treated. While I know drywood termites are a problem, we've not
        heard
        > about subterranean termites in this area, so just wondering if
        it's a likely
        > issue, or more of a sales pitch.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Linda (on Lucerne)

      • Linda Fowells
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2006
          Many thanks to the large group who took time to write me back with
          information, tips, contractor recommendations, etc.!

          There is clear concensus that subterranean termites are in the neighborhood!

          --- In LVNA90004@yahoogroups.com <mailto:LVNA90004%40yahoogroups.com> ,