Re: [LVNA90004] Reporting Suspicious Activity to 1-877-ASK-LAPD

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2006
      Report suspicious activity by:
      (Depending on level of urgency)
      Calling the non-emergency police number, 1-877-ASK-LAPD or 1-877-275-5278,
      POST THIS!
      or
      911 for a real emergency (someone actively breaking in to a car or house or
      attacking or threatening someone)
      or the Hollywood Division Police Station local phone # 1-213-485-4310 (takes
      a long time to answer.)

      In the meantime, we are all presuming that everyone is leaving front porch
      lights on at night, lights on in house to make it look lived in, motion-sensor
      lights if possible outside, hedges & bushes trimmed low enough to prevent
      creation of hiding places for burglars....

      Call 311 to call in graffitti to be painted out; do it promptly to prevent
      worse graffitti overlay..

      Karen and Mike Gilman
      Elmwood

      In a message dated 1/24/2006 12:46:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      kingsamantha@... writes:

      How do report suspicious behaviour? It's not an emergency, I just saw 2
      youths casing my
      joint, I twitched my curtains to let them know I could see them, they moved
      on. They were
      not your typical pedestrians walking on wilton.

      I feel it's better to be pro-active....is there a number I can call to ask
      the police to check the
      neighbourhood if they have a car in the area? I live on Wilton just north
      of Beverly, the
      youths were heading north on wilton just 10 mins ago.

      Sam

    • magpen007@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 26, 2006
        All-
        Beware. we live on the 500 block of Bronson and there was a black man in our
        backyard last week, we don't park our cars in the driveway so the duplex
        seemed empty at 9 am. he was definitely an expert prowler because he then
        proceeded to climb numerous neighboring fences after he left our property.

        Maggie

      • Cossi, Lidia A
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2006
          There have been a number of recent emails regarding suspicious people in
          the Larchmont neighborhood, unfortunately if you don't have access to a
          computer you don't receive the information. I have spoken to a few
          neighbors who were not aware of the recent activity just for that
          reason. Is there any way to get the information out in a hard copy?

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2006
            Dear Lidia and all LVNA computer-friendly folks,
            If you're one of the people w/ a computer and the email link to the LVNA and
            you are in touch w/ the neighbors on your block, I think it would be
            generous of you to print out the emails once in a while and distribute them to the
            neighbors on your block or start a phone tree. Or discuss it today each time
            you see a neighbor getting their mail, walking their dog or getting their
            garbage cans back up.
            The message is that on Plymouth, Bronson, and on Wilton Place, residents
            have noticed suspicious activity by men of all races seeming to be scoping out
            homes to see if anyone's at home, both eyeing houses, walking up driveways
            and sometimes poking around in backyards.
            Thanks,
            Karen Gilman
            Elmwood Ave.

            In a message dated 1/26/2006 2:04:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
            Lidia.Cossi@... writes:

            There have been a number of recent emails regarding suspicious people in
            the Larchmont neighborhood, unfortunately if you don't have access to a
            computer you don't receive the information. I have spoken to a few
            neighbors who were not aware of the recent activity just for that
            reason. Is there any way to get the information out in a hard copy?

          • Katie A Wells
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 27, 2006
              I think that is a splendid idea. I always appreciate my neighbors giving me
              the news about activities in our area.

              Thanks,
              Katie Wells
              Wilton Place