South Beachwood Burglary...

  • larchmontvillageneighborhood
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2005
      Hi, all,

      I guess having a meeting to discuss security issues is no guarantee
      we'll be safe... I'm sorry to report that yesterday afternoon
      someone
      broke into Vince Chieffo & Karen Pope's house, probably between 2:00
      &
      4:00. Did anyone see anyone in their yard or an unknown car in the
      driveway?

      The thief/thieves appear to have been professionals. They took golf
      clubs, cash, & valuable jewelry but left the costume jewelry. They
      didn't take electronic equipment, but they tried to take a flat-
      screen
      TV.

      They entered the back yard through an unlocked gate, then reached
      through the dog door to open the laundry porch door. Billie, the
      dog,
      wasn't hurt or traumatized. So either they knew how to win her over
      or
      she had met them. The only good news is that no people were home.

      Vince & Karen don't have an alarm. When Karen realized someone had
      been
      or was in the house, she went outside & called LAPD to tell them a
      burglary was in progress. It still took them 25 minutes to arrive.

      Take care,

      Susan Bjerre