Cat Fights at 3:47 AM?!!!

  • msterion
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2014
      For the health of your cats, and the restful sleep of your neighbors, please keep your pets in at least at night, especially if you can't get around to spaying and neutering them. Now a long-haired black cat has joined others in prowling 600 block of North Bronson/Irving, and all cats are very noisy and combative. They are also vulnerable to serious, expensive injuries from fighting, and to horrifying, painful, lonely death due to injury by cars, and predation by the racoons and coyotes seen frequently on our streets due to the drought. This is neglect, not "freedom" and nobody who cares for their pet puts their cats out at night. PLEASE protect the health of your cats (and that of other cats, and the small animals they all prey on) by keeping them in, night AND day, and insist that your neighbors do the same. There is no excuse for such ignorant, reckless abusive pet ownership in this day and age, and in our otherwise quiet neighborhood.
    • Alexandra Anderson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2014
        I would like to caution everyone that an outdoor cat attacked our dog and scratched his nose the other day, causing it to bleed extensively. We were walking over on Lucerne and this cat jumped out from a bush and attacked. I had to chase it away.

        Be safe!

        Sent from my iPhone

[...]

      • Polly Wheelock
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 2014
          I have trapped hundreds of cats in the hood, and I got burnt out.  Those are not people allowing their cats out @ night, those are stray cats that need to be humanely altered and returned.  I dont live in the village area any longer, but until someone steps up and traps, the problem just gets worse.  Most people have the attitude 'they arent my cats' Well, they weren't mine ither, but someone has to step up and do it.  I did it for 20 yrs.   One can obtain traps from Fix Nation and get them altered for free so the fighting stops.   Its volunteer/rescue work that one cant just assume someone else is doing.    MOST people dont let their cats out.  The ones that r fighting @ night have a hard knock life.  They need to be fixed before they rapidly multiply!

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 11, 2014
            Very well put, thank you... recently a white and black cat (with flea collar) has gone from hanging out in our back yard to trying to climb through our 2nd floor open bathroom window, seems to have a crush on one of our cats. This is not a good thing.

            Also incredible to me that people allow their supposedly loved pets out on their own in a city like LA - especially with all the coyotes in the neighborhood recently.

            Joel

            Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4 Active™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
          • Sarah Greene
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 19, 2014
              We are on the 500 block of N Arden and parking for guests has become a nightmare over the last few months. I've started looking into getting permit, 2-hr parking for our street. So far I have yet to hear back from anyone at the LA DOT via email and they don't answer the phone (shockingly;)).
              Has anyone on any other streets had luck with this?
              Email me privately if you live on Arden and are interested in getting this changed. I'm willing to spearhead the effort.
              Thanks,
              Sarah