RE: [LVNA90004] Digest Number 93

  • Bruce Walker
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2005
      I would like to suggest that the next time they come through the
      neighborhood, if someone could get them on video, this could be helpful in
      putting a stop to their obscenities.
      BW

      From: Peggy Kamuf <kamuf@...>
      2. Re: Digest Number 92
      From: "DENNEHY / LANCASTER" <lancdenn@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:57:43 -0700
      From: Peggy Kamuf <kamuf@...>
      Subject: Re: Digest Number 92

      I live at the corner of Irving and Rosewood. I went outside last Saturday
      around 6 pm when I heard the protestors assembling near my house. As soon
      as I engaged them, a dark-haired woman, probably the same one who insulted
      Judy, started hurling obscenities: e.g., "heartless bitch," lots of f'ing
      this and that. There were, by the way, far fewer than 20 of them, I counted
      8 or 9. Not all of them were shouting at the bystanders, but they had two
      bullhorns. Mostly they chanted a marching refrain that ended with the line
      "We know where you live at night," which I found a lot more reprehensible
      than obscenities. I went down the block in front of the neighbor's house
      who's the target of all this, and learned from the LAPD officer there that,
      yes, they have a permit to march, and yes, they have a permit to use
      bullhorns. But there is also an injunction against them that prohibits
      their getting within 100 ft. of the neighbor's house. Which is why they
      couldn't march up and down Irving as they've done in the past, but had to
      detour around on Windsor. After they left, I also talked with their pro
      bono lawyer, who was there all the time and made sure they did not violate
      the injunction.

      Peggy Kamuf
      444 N. Irving

      Message: 2
      Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:52:47 -0700
      From: "DENNEHY / LANCASTER" <lancdenn@...>

      It seems to me that what these protesters are trying to achieve is to turn
      the neighborhood against this family and put pressure on them to move, it
      makes me so proud of Larchmont and our Villagers that their plan has so
      clearly backfired. Has there been any coverage in the Larchmont Chronicle on
      these events? L A Times? Bad publicity might help, they have a website
      on which notice of their upcoming protests are posted. Maybe we could meet
      them with a staged protest of our own.

      That these protesters could so blatantly put the welfare of sheltered
      animals above the welfare of children is astounding. This family has four
      children in our neighborhood and they have had bricks thrown through their
      front window. They live with surveillance cameras all around them, and when
      they receive word from the FBI that a protest will be staged, they vacate
      the premises with their children. But the protesters are acting within the
      boundaries of the law. Their rights are being protected- what about our
      rights?

      Elizabeth Dennehy
      lancdenn@...<mailto:lancdenn@...>
      3. 2 Bedroom/ 1 1/2 Bath Duplex Apt on Bronson/Rosewood for rent
      From: Lynda Keeler
      <lkeeler@...<mailto:lkeeler@...>>
      4. Re: Digest Number 91
      From: athein@...<mailto:athein@...>

      Message: 1

      RE: Animal Protestors this past Saturday on Irving Blvd 6 pm

      Hi Neighbors-

      I wanted to let you know that Kyle Heatherington (Irving Blvd) of
      the LVNA has spoken with our SLO (Senior Lead Officer) Davidson,
      LAPD/Hollywood Division regarding this past weekend's protest of
      an Irving Resident that works for animal control.

      She is checking into:
      1. whether or not they had pulled a permit to protest that day
      2. whether or not they can be cited for use of a bullhorn

      Officer Davidson feels that more can be done - to save our peaceful
      neighborhood from these people. She is checking into it and will
      get back to us with info on how we can proceed.

      Does anyone have any details of instances (profanity, etc.) that you
      can add so that we can have a full picture of these folks. If so,
      please email me (chh339@...<mailto:chh339@...>) with details
      of whatever has
      transpired.
      thanks