Speeding on Rosewood

  • georgeafenady@...
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2014
      Morning, The DOT has responded to my request regarding the speeding cars traveling on Rosewood Ave. between Bronson and Larchmont. This morning they put down cables at the corners of Gower and Rosewood to monitor the flow of traffic. This will only register the number of cars that pass in a 24 hour period. This is the 1st step to qualify for an All Way Stop at this intersection. The greater number of cars the better our chances. I will keep you posted as to the results.

      Drive Safe, Georgea
    • Karen Gilman
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 13, 2014
        Great job, Georgea! Good evidence of the proper steps to take to get the City's attention. Documentation can lead to action. DOT will get back to Georgea with the feedback. I do hope this results in an all-way stop,sign at that corner.

        Karen Gilman
        Elmowwod ave

        Morning, The DOT has responded to my request regarding the speeding cars traveling on Rosewood Ave. between Bronson and Larchmont. This morning they put down cables at the corners of Gower and Rosewood to monitor the flow of traffic. This will only register the number of cars that pass in a 24 hour period. This is the 1st step to qualify for an All Way Stop at this intersection. The greater number of cars the better our chances. I will keep you posted as to the results.
        Drive Safe, Georgea
      • Michael Soriano
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 13, 2014
          They should also add a stop on Plymouth at Rosewood.  I don't know how many times I've almost gotten into an accident because the drivers on Rosewood think its an "all-way" stop.  My two cents. :)

          Great job, Georgea! Good evidence of the proper steps to take to get the City's attention. Documentation can lead to action. DOT will get back to Georgea with the feedback. I do hope this results in an all-way stop,sign at that corner.

          Karen Gilman
          Elmowwod ave

          Morning, The DOT has responded to my request regarding the speeding cars traveling on Rosewood Ave. between Bronson and Larchmont. This morning they put down cables at the corners of Gower and Rosewood to monitor the flow of traffic. This will only register the number of cars that pass in a 24 hour period. This is the 1st step to qualify for an All Way Stop at this intersection. The greater number of cars the better our chances. I will keep you posted as to the results.
          Drive Safe, Georgea

        • Georgea Fenady
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 13, 2014
            Yes I agree.That request has to come from residents who live on that block. We tried and were denied years ago, but it has gotten worse. I put in a request years ago here too and was denied. Go on DOT website and fill out request form for your streets to get started!