Attempted Break In N. Gower WHILE I WAS HOME

  • tara kelly
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2013
      If you saw any suspicious characters this afternoon around 1:30-2:30ish,
      please let me know!!!

      I woke up from a nap to discover that the noise I'd heard around 2:00 p.m.
      (and assumed was construction/repair nearby) was someone hacking at our
      kitchen door with a crowbar while I was falling asleep in the bedroom.
      They amazingly did not get in -- it was close though -- they were trying
      to kick it IN when the door actually swings out. Car was in the driveway,
      evidence of young children residing here is all around, etc. And yes, I'm
      freaked out.

      I've called Officer Pelayo and sent emails to him and Officer Cordova.

      *If you see my kids, please DON'T mention this* -- my husband is out of
      town and I do not want them to know!!! Getting the door repaired while
      they're out with a sitter, and yes, pouring a cocktail now. Thanks, t.

      --
      Tara Kelly
      Consultant

    • Marc Warzecha
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2013
        That's terrible! Glad you are alright.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2013
          Of course you called 911 first - right? right?! Glad all turned out OK!

          Stu
          Stuart Melvin

          On Aug 6, 2013, at 4:20 PM, tara kelly <tara@...> wrote:

          > If you saw any suspicious characters this afternoon around 1:30-2:30ish,
          > please let me know!!!
          >
          > I woke up from a nap to discover that the noise I'd heard around 2:00 p.m.
          > (and assumed was construction/repair nearby) was someone hacking at our
          > kitchen door with a crowbar while I was falling asleep in the bedroom.
          > They amazingly did not get in -- it was close though -- they were trying
          > to kick it IN when the door actually swings out. Car was in the driveway,
          > evidence of young children residing here is all around, etc. And yes, I'm
          > freaked out.
          >
          > I've called Officer Pelayo and sent emails to him and Officer Cordova.
          >
          > *If you see my kids, please DON'T mention this* -- my husband is out of
          > town and I do not want them to know!!! Getting the door repaired while
          > they're out with a sitter, and yes, pouring a cocktail now. Thanks, t.
          >
          > --
          > Tara Kelly
          > Consultant
          > 213.804.5618 | tara@...
          > linkedin.com/in/tarakelly

        • tara kelly
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2013
            Hi everyone. Thank you all so much for the kind emails and calls and
            visits. Adam is flying home tonight, and again, our kids DON'T KNOW
            (they're still out at a movie with a sitter). Police came and took a
            report and the door is now secured.

            Vigilant neighbors saw the SAME SUSPECTS associated with other recent
            activity in the area: a dark skinned black man with short cut hair and "an
            unusually lard head" driving the car and a Hispanic man who is the one who
            has been seen walking along the sidewalk and scoping out houses. Today
            they were seen driving a dark colored sedan (different car than they were
            in last week) with a license plate 7BJB370.

            If you see them CALL 911! We feel immensely grateful they didn't succeed
            in getting in, and grateful for such wonderful neighbors. -- t.

            --
            Tara Kelly
            Consultant

          • Karen Gilman
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2013
              SLO Cordova of the Wilshire Division is out on vacation and we can communicate with SLO Art Gallegos in the interim: 35849@...

              Tara, I hope you are ok! Sorry I didn't see this yeaterday. If you want support outside your circle of closest neighbors and friends, please be in touch.

              Karen