Attempted car break in - 300 block N Norton, 12pm Wed.

  • Alex Andrews
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2013
      well, ironically, i was standing in the living room, looking out the window and talking on the phone when I saw a small, 2 door black sedan pull alongside my car (parked on the street in front of my house).  a male hispanic jumped out of the passenger side and right into the driver's side of my unlocked vehicle!!!  took me a minute before the new yorker in me kicked in and i went running outside like a crazy lady, dropping "f" bombs to "GET THE "F" OUT OF MY CAR".....scared the guy - he jumped into the waiting car and sped off.
      unfortunately i did not get a license tag b/c my car was between us.  my car was  unlocked because i had just been unloading stuff from it.  it appears they must have been watching me from down the street b/c they pulled right up to my car - they didn't try any of the other nice cars on my block...or the several construction trucks parked nearby.
      beware - LOCK your car even if you're going in for a minute...and be vigilant - i was (rightfully) chastised by Officer Pelayo for running out...but i also immediately called 911 and reported it along with a description of the vehicle.