LVNA NEEDS NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH BLOCK CAPTAINS

  • Stu Melvin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12 10:41 PM
      Neighborhood Watch is the cornerstone of the LAPD's crime prevention
      strategy. It enlists the active participation of residents, in
      cooperation with law enforcement, to reduce crime and encourage social
      interaction in communities throughout the City.

      The continuity and success of the Neighborhood Watch program hinges on
      the person referred to as the Block Captain. The "Block Captain" is a
      community member who acts as a liaison between those who work and/or
      live in a particular area, and the officers assigned to that area.
      Through the Block Captain, and through neighborhood general meetings,
      officers pass along crime prevention tips and information to members of
      the community.

      I placed two items in the "FILES" section: 1) LVNA Block
      Captains List & 2) LVNA Block Captains Map. The map shows that about
      1/3 of our Larchmont Village Neighborhood has no active Watch Program.
      If you live on one of those blocks and if you agree that the
      Neighborhood Watch Program is IMPORTANT, please contact me and let's
      get your block organized. It's really quite easy, and you and your
      neighbors will definitely benefit!