Nasty solicitor/burglar

  • vincentc
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
      I'm in the 400 block of Arden. Tuesday night I was out at a friend's. When i returned, i found out that he knocked on our door at 630pm, as my 24 year old daughter was leaving for work. She told him, "no", and got in her car and drove away. Five minutes later he rang the door bell again! Fortuitously, my other daughter(her twin) happened to be visiting, so she answered the door. The girls didn't figure out what had happened until they talked later at 830pm, by which time, it wasn't a 911 call.

      In retrospect, we can see that he was simply looking for houses to burglarize.

      Lesson: Girl scout cookies and elementary school magazine drives aside, legitimate charities rarely, if ever, need to go door to door.

      Daughter number two was so impressed with the weird vibe that she drew a picture of the guy, and I've posted it.
    • georgeafenady@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2012
        He too rang my door bell. When I didn't answer he began knocking and yelling "You not home?" I never said anything nor answered the door.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2012
          I saw the pic and will keep a eye out for him.  How is he dressed?  Is he in a suit?

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 8, 2012
            Honestly, his FACE was so close to mine I didn't see how he was dressed,
            sorry.

            On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Michael Soriano <mrsoriano@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I saw the pic and will keep a eye out for him. How is he dressed? Is he
            > in a suit?

            Tara Kelly
            Consultant
            213.804.5618 | tara@...
            linkedin.com/in/tarakelly

          • Susie Balaban
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 8, 2012
              i believe he was older in his 50's or 60's and was wearing a beige or khaki
              button up shirt....he seemed hispanic to me......

              PLEASE NOTE MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS IS SUSIEBALABAN@...